Eric Dube is Vice President and co-founder of Casco Bay Engineering. He has over 25 years of experience in both Civil and Structural Engineering Design. Eric received his Bachelors of Science in Architectural Engineering in 1992 from the Wentworth Institute of Technology, in Boston, Massachusetts.
Eric’s unusual ability to perform both Civil and Structural Engineering Design proves to be an invaluable resource for Casco Bay Engineering and our clients. Eric’s professional aptitude combined with his degree enables him to manage a project from conception and site design, through the structural contract drawing phase and finally, to construction administration.
One of Eric’s many strengths includes his ability to identify structural deficiencies in an effort to rehabilitate and revitalize buildings in distress. Such projects, now vital elements of their Maine communities, include Museum Lewiston-Auburn, Bridgton Town Hall, and Portland’s Abyssinian Church – the third oldest standing meeting house from the Underground Railroad originally built in 1828.
Eric has developed an acute interest and skillset as it relates to Building Envelope and minimizing effects of thermal transfer across variant temperature spaces. Eric also thrives on multiple challenges associated with complex retrofits and innovative construction ideas. His broad-based project experience includes educational, industrial and medical facilities, retail complexes, federal and state projects, and numerous residential designs and renovations.
Eric was appointed by the Maine Governor to serve as an advisor on the Technical Building Codes and Standards Board for the Maine Uniform Building and Energy Code. Outside of his professional work, Eric enjoys coaching his daughter’s sports teams and spending time with family and friends.
Professional & Volunteer Affiliations:
- MUBEC Maine Uniform Building and Energy Code – Advisor to the Technical Building Codes and Standard Board
- ACEC American Council of Engineering Companies, Member
- SEAM Structural Engineers Association of Maine, Member
- ASCE American Society of Civil Engineers, Member
- AISC American Institute of Steel Construction, Member
- Architallx Former Board Member, 2008-2010
- Town of Pownal Planning Board, 2005-2010
- RSU#5 School Board Member for Freeport, Durham, & Pownal, 2009-2012
- YMS Volleyball Coach for Yarmouth School District, Current